Terms and Conditions
Mill LockCruise, Paper
Mill Lock, North Hill, Little Baddow, Chelmsford,
1. Prices. All advertised prices are net.
3. Acceptance. The booking is valid only on the receipt by the operator of the booking form duly completed and signed by the hirer.
4. Availability. The booking is accepted subject to the vessel being available at the time and date required when the booking form and deposit are received by the operator and the operator shall be the sole judge of such availability.
5. Alteration. No alteration in the booking or in these conditions are valid unless confirmed in writing by the operator to the hirer before the date of journey in question.
6. Purpose. The operator's vessel is let to hirers solely for the purpose of private parties upon special occasions.
7. Subletting. The hirer shall not transfer their booking to a third party without the previous written consent of the operator which consent the operator may grant or refuse in its absolute discretion.
8. Cancellation. In the event of the hirer cancelling the hiring or omitting to pay the balance due under condition2, the hirer agrees to pay the operator on demand the following sums:
i). If the cancelled trip is successfully re-let by the operator only 20% of the total hire charge with be retained for administrative expenses, and the balance returned to the hirer.
ii). In the event that the operator is unable to re-let the cancellation, the hirer will be expected to pay the entire original charge. Unless the said sum shall be paid upon demand it shall become a debt due from the hirer to the operator and shall be immediately recoverable as such.
9. Dogs, Radios & Packages. Dogs, except guide dogs, and radios of any kind may not be brought upon the vessel. The captain for the time being of any vessel hired hereunder shall have the right to decide at his sole discretion the kind of luggage or package (including livestock) which any passenger may bring upon said vessel and any such luggage or package or other article shall not obstruct gangways or doors of the vessel but shall at all times be placed and retained in such position as the captain may indicate. All luggage, packages and belongings shall be deemed to be carried entirely at the owner's risk and the operator will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused thereto at any time even although the said vessel may at times be left unattended.
10. Lost Property. Any loose effects found by the operator's officers will be deposited at paper Mill and enquires concerning the same should be addressed in writing to the operator at that address.
11. Children. The safety of children on board shall be the responsibility of the hirer.
12. Breakdowns & Delays. The operator does not guarantee that the hired vessel will complete any journey or any part thereof in any given time and while the captain will conform to the reasonable requests of the hirer (as to reasonableness of which the captain alone shall be the judge) the operator declines all liability for any loss, inconvenience, damage or injury arising from unpunctuality in starting, transit arrival or return or from failure to convey any member or members of a party however caused.
13. Damage By Passengers. No person other than the operator's officers shall sit or stand upon the roof or gunwale of the vessel. The hirer shall be responsible for and shall indemnify the operator against any damage caused to the vessel by any passenger carried therein.
14. Notices. No unauthorised bill, poster or placard may be displayed on the vessel.
15. Impossibility Of Performance. In the event of a strike or the happening of any event which the operator has no control the operator reserves to itself the right to cancel any order which the in the opinion of the operator thereby becomes impossible of performance by the operator and to refund to the hirer any monies paid in connection therewith by way of deposit or in full settlement and such monies shall be received by the hirer in full settlement of all claims or demands in respect of such cancellation.
16. Complaints. Complaints regarding the operator's vessel, captain or officers (or concerning any other matter relating to the journey) should be made in writing addressed to The Company Secretary.
17. Catering. Self catering, solid or liquid, is not permitted.
18. Conveyance Of Passengers. The above written conditions shall apply, with any necessary modifications, to passengers conveyed on any boat or vessel belonging to the Company and accordingly for that purpose the word "Hirer" shall in conditions 11 and 13 be interpreted as meaning "Passenger" and in these and the other conditions the word "Operator" shall be read as referring to the Company.
19. Carriage Of Goods. The company is declared by the Transport Act 1962 not to be a Common Carrier and accepts no responsibility to protect or preserve or to carry safely any article or goods belonging to any passenger.
20. Passenger's Liability. The company accepts no liability to any passenger arising by reason of accident in the course of any journey or by reason of defect in the construction o maintenance of the waterway or its installations or the negligence of the Company's servants or the negligence of other users of the waterway or members of the public and each passenger on any vessel belonging to the Company travels therein at their own sole risk and liability.